Question

jgale99

Denied credit because Equifax cannot verify my details
I moved from the UK to the US around 18 months ago. I have been building credit and have a decent score, however since I have been here some of my applications have been denied.

I recently had one and the reason was Equifax could not verify my SSN, I believe this is the cause for all the rejections and can only assume on the credit cards I do have they did not use Equifax.

How can I correct this issue? It seems to be impossible to speak to someone at Equifax unless you have an account and paying for their service.

Has anybody else experienced this and what did you do to resolve it?