Question

Posted in Banking

darkcrowe

Denied a checking account for bad credit an past mistakes with another bank.
the bad economy took everything from me my job my house and my finacial future im still unemployed my former bank closed my account for overdraft fees and a couple bounced check's it was not something i wanted to happen but now i am having to suffer for it and will have to suffer for it for many years cause my credit is completley ruined as well. i paid my fee's and balance to my former bank which obviously did not do me any good cause every bank i have gone too has denied me a checking account a couple had the nerve to offer me a savings account but no checking what good is savings account going to do for me if i dont have the right to the other i am staying with family trying to put my life back together still unemployed.
still in enourmous debt i know i am not the only one but it still sucks how can i rebuild my finacial life if nobody will give me a fair chance.

Most Helpful Response

Yeah I can sympathize with you

Moving from Florida to Texas I lost some things in the mail and ended up getting shafted because of it. I just took them out one by one and was on a mission to remove those annoying collections. I went from 10 open collections and 1 public record to 3 open collections and 1 public record. The public record will come off when I pay it since I made an arrangement with the agency. I am currently disputing those 3 open collections and I will see what happens. All you can do is attack the worst things hurting your report and for me it's that public record. I usually post updates when I am successful in removing something so look out for that. Take care....

darkcrowe

oh yea i have to be careful with my words here been fustrated for a long time the firast time this happened to it took 10 freaking years to fix my credit just becasue like you i could not afford to pay the big stuff i had to start with the little stuff to which doesnt do much to fix anything yuor lucky if the report moves a few points it is always been kind of weird when you screw up yuor rating will drop like a rock at 180 but trying to fix it seems to take forever. it's not very fair but that is just the way it is. no this go around i have a foreclouser on there or will be on there so im 41 now so god only knows when ill ever have good credit againe. lol i will probally be in my middle 50's before i ever see good credit againe. 

and i probally wont be allowed to have a checking account for at least 5 years.

so iam forced to use my prepaid debit card and money orders to pay bills with.

so i just do waht i can and i dont even bother montering my report untill i can start getting stuuf paid off and banks and creditors start treating me like a real human being i ahve sadi before i will just take one day at a time its all i can do.

Try to get a checking account through a credit union instead.

darkcrowe

I was with a credit union problem is banks dont like it when you screw up period weather it was intentional or not im stuck on the chex systems crap lists for the next 5 years some banks will remove it when you pay them off and most of them wont. that is juat the way it is. i will get my lfe back in order it going to take a very long time. this isnt the first time this has happend to me. if i can a employer that still belives in equal oppertunity employment then that will be the first step. then i will take one day at atime after that.

Hello. Sorry about your hard times

I also had a few debts that ruined me and a public record that belonged to my brother put on my credit report by mistake. Needless to say when in this situation do not panic. There is also a way to get out of it and when in a hole the number one rule is to stop digging. First establish a job so you can pay off your debts and make pay for deletion deals with those collection agencies. Use this golden opportunity of living with relatives to put your money back into improving your credit and saving excess funds. As for a bank account I am not sure which state you live in but I used to work for Woodforest National Bank and they offered second chance checking accounts for people who have bad reports with other banks. They do not check or report to your credit report so that's a huge plus. 

darkcrowe

i moved form georgia to colorado springs about 2 months ago and it took the idiots an the postal service over amonth to get my fowarded mail to me so i ended getting all the bank letters at once including the closer letter lol.