Question

Vb2710

Deliquent history?
My credit report always shows that I have recent deliquent activity, but it has been at least 6 years since I've had any issues on my report. When will these go away and why does it show it as if it was recent? Credit Karma states 4 years, but thats not accurate. Do I contact the creditors?

Most Helpful Response

First, pull your actual credit report to see what is truly showing up.  I don't trust this site for up to date info.  Visit www.annualcreditreport.com.  Any errors you see, dispute at that same website.

Vb2710

Whenever I get declined for something or see an updated summary, one of the things always listed is "serious delinquency" but its been at least 6 years since I settled and closed a few accounts. Since then everything has been fine.

Delinquent history

What type of delinquency are we talking about? Collections, late payments, bankruptcies, repos, etc? 

Vb2710

I had missed payments for a couple of months and then settled the accounts and paid them off at that lower amount. There were about 4 that I did that with. It was in 2007 or 2008 and since then I havent been late on one payment with any of my open accounts. The settled ones still show up as delinquent, but closed and paid.