Question

confused40

Delinquent or bankruptcy? Which one is it?
I filed for bankruptcy a few years ago. I have been slowly rebuilding my credit since then. When I check my report, my score is negatively impacted by the bankruptcy which included 3 accounts that are being separately reported as delinquent. The "delinquent" label on accounts that have been included in the bankruptcy are negatively impacting my score as well. I feel like I'm getting "hit" twice for the same thing. How do I fix that?

You filed bankruptcy "a few years ago"?  If it is less than TEN, you are going to have the negative impact of that bankruptcy.  If it is less than SEVEN the negatives of the collection accounts will show because the accounts have not fallen off the credit report as they will after seven years.

Please read the articles on this site so you can understand better how credit works and what you must  do to improve your credit score positively.  Teaching people about credit is the purpose of Credit Karma.

confused40

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it! Bankruptcy was filed 3.5 years ago and I fully expect the bankruptcy to be on my report for 7-10 years. I was just surprised to see 3 accounts that were included in the bankruptcy being seperatly reported as deliquent. I actually had a credit card deny me credit reporting that one of the reasons was because of my delinquent accounts, when in fact I have not been delinquent on anything since the bankruptcy. Why only the 3 accounts are labeled seperatly as deliinquent? Why not the other 10 that were included in the bankruptcy? My line of thought was this...my credit is taking a hit for the bankruptcy which included those 3 accounts, it's taking another hit because it looks like I'm delinquent on 3 accounts that were in fact already included in the bankruptcy, so why the double hit? Thanks for the advice, I've read through a couple articles already, plan to read through more.