Question

alvarodan

Delinquent accounts
I have 2 delinquent accounts that are listed on my credit report and making it negative for me. One of them was paid out and has a zero balance, from my income tax returns given that it was a federal debt. Can I remove it from that status? The other account I have made no effort in locating the creditor to make a payment arrangement. How can I do this?

Check all credit reports!!!

It is not unusual for credit reports to have errors, given the fact that humans are entering the data and humans are imperfect.  You do no know who the creditor is for an account listed on your report?  Why even think of paying it until you are positive it is yours?

Go to freeannualreport.com and get your 3 credit reports.  Go over them thoroughly and file a dispute with the reporting credit bureau on all items they list that are not yours ( and you should know who you owe money to).  The credit bureau has to oinvestigate and either verify of delete the disputed item.

Regret to inform you that all credit transactions are to be reported as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation.  The negatives have to remain until their assigned time to drop off, which is usually 7 years from the "date of last activity (payment)."