Question

rossnmina

deleting collections that are paid

Most Helpful Response

Removing paid collections

Actually, if you write a letter to the creditor they can remove the deragatory marks. We just completed the letters and 5 of seven creditors complied with our request. It helped the credit score go up by more than 40 points. 

Also, I didn't think that medical bills could be part of your credit score?? 

hammy82

Hi,

Thanks for the information. What did your letters say? And how many times did you have to contact them?

Thanks

They are part of your credit history and must remain on your credit report for 7 years past the date of last payment as required under FCRA, which is a federal law.  No removal before that time is possible.

mccormick7803

And once an account is reported to bureau as deragatory it will stay that way until it is removed from the report even if you pay the account in full. Found this out from my Credit Union when applying for credit card.

wagnerc33

Actually it is not the law that HAVE to stay on your record. By law they cannot stay on your record longer than 7 years. You can get them removed by asking the compamy and if they send in a letter and they can be taken off.

I had a account go in to collections and when I called to pay it in full. I asked her about having it deleted and she said sure. She said it would take about 30 days to show up on my report. I got a letter today showing it would be deleted. I`m very pleased and excited to see how it will change my score.

i have nine deragatory marks all medical bills. I wished they would group them together to make it two. Credit is dumb. If it is medical bills it shouldn't make the same dent as credit card debt.

deleting collection account

Hello,

The collection agency is not willing to agree to delete the collections account even is I pay the account in full. It's only $500 and my credit score is down by 50 points because of this. I can't get a job or home mortgage with this on my history. Please help.

attention

why appears a collection if it was already paid in may 2013 form ENHANCRCVRCO $52 when they will erased it

prey for the collectors and they shall forgive your debt, jesus told mi so.