Question

Dedrajackson20

DELETED FROM REPORT BUT STILL GOT A BILL FROM COLLECTIONS
Okay so...I recently disputed a 1700 bill and with in a week I was notified it was deleted and my score went up 64 points!!! Just yesterday I received a collection bill for the 1700 from a different collection agency! Never heard of them. They were not the ones I disputed. I rushed to check my reports and no negative change. The collection is still deleted
Can someone tell me what this is about? How does this happen and why r these people still trying to get me to pay after it was already disputed and deleted from my report?? I even got a out of state call and a 1800 called me this week... This is very confusing and the fact I am trying to fix my credit this is stressing me out. Help please

First, just because an account is no longer on your reports it does not mean that it is no longer owed or collectable. Debt collectors sell accounts to one another all of the time and this is legal. Look up the "statute of limitations" in your state to be sued for this type of debt, if it has expired, you can send a "cease & desist letter" to the debt collector. So read about them. See if this account is due to be off of your reports due to the seven year reporting time rule. Keep in mind that the "credit reporting time of seven years" on most negative accounts is SEPARATE of the "statute of limitations". When dealing with debt collectors, familiarize yourself with the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) and if you see some violations of this, contact a FDCPA law firm for help.