Question

MilMomofTwo

Deferrred Student Loans
I am a military member and for years I was told deferring my and my children's student loans was a good thing. I know have close to 200K in student loans. I am able to make payments but is there any relief out their for all the built up interest. My credit score is horrible as for 2 years I was the only income person in my household. Any advice is welcomed.

Most Helpful Response

YES

https://www.saltmoney.org/Assets/PDFs/100-ways-to-get-rid-of-your-loan-2015.pdf

There are several forgivness programs for military personnel, check out this "book"

Michael032892

I'm disabled and have been since before I was ten

Michael032892

I tried to send my social security rewards letter to the education department but they didn't have my account anymore

Kimberly

I want to know how long it takes your score to raise when they are in a deferment and 0 balance

yep

The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.