Question

loanedinBoston1982

Defaulted Student Loans?
I defaulted on a student loan back in 2006 with Sally Mae. I settled it with them and paid off the settlement amount in full. However, it's still showing up on my credit history as a default loan. What should I do, if anything, with them?

Bummer.   Sallie Mae is impossible to deal with when it comes to credit reports.  They screw them up all the time.  Write letters to all three bureaus and Sallie Mae, telling them that the account(s) are paid.  If you have proof that they are paid, make copies and provide that in the letters. I would also visit the FTC.gov and consumerfinance.gov and file complaints online with those two agencies.  Do your disputes to the bureaus and Sallie Mae through regular mail though, not online.  Be persistent, it will take 2-3 months.  Best of luck!