Question

Maximus3555

deed in lew of forclosure
So after my divorce my ex was supposed to get the house out of my name. No luck. So after turning over the house with a deed in lew I now have an open acct saying I am a non payer.
How can I argue this?

Most Helpful Response

A deed in lieu of foreclosure will stay on your credit report for 5 years after the date you signed the deed.  The account should not be showing as open, however, it should show as closed.  If it is showing as open, contact the creditor and credit bureaus and tell them to change that to a closed account, give them a copy of the DIL as proof.  Best of luck!

Thank you!