Question

nmt1355

Decrease in line of credit
I have had a line of credit with Rooms to go for many years. I have used it once and it has long been paid off. They have decreased my line of credit which decreased my credit score. If I close this account will my credit score go back up?

No it won't go back up  and more likely will go down more if you close the account.

the decrease in the credit line has impacted your utilization rate. To get the score moving back in right direction you need a credit line increase from another source. Another card, a card you have, what have you. Call one of the cards you use frequently and ask about a credit line increase first. That should be a soft pull on your credit. A new card would be a hard pull for sure and the inquiry could drop your score more.