Question

AlverJon

decline application
I applied for CITI credit card. I contact the customer support service to check status of the hardship application. They put me on a brief hold and get back to me stating that they will need to send a letter with the application ID# and give them a call once I recieved it. I recived it in a week and call the customer service again. I was put on hold and was advice that I was denied. They sent me an email of this reason.

Unfortunately, we can't approve your application

We reviewed your application and can't approve it because we couldn't verify the accuracy of some of the information you provided.

I dont know why i get denied, I have a good credit score. could one reason be that I have a security freeze on my account?

Yes or it could be that there is an error on your credit reports with wrong name or ssn that they can't verify your information.  If you haven't done so go to annualcreditreport.com and pull all three of your reports to make sure the information is correct.  If there is a freeze or hold on your credit then you will have to send detailed information to each credit agency.  They ask for: Photo ID, SSN card, proof of residence and sometimes more than that.