Question

kulkarni9

Debts reported as in collection, please help to whom I have to contact to talk regarding this
I don't have any idea whom I owe, so how to contact the collection agent so that I can clear the issue and pay if I really owe them.
Please help me my credit score fall by 97 points .

Most Helpful Response

It should be listed on your credit report as to what company is trying to collect the debt, you may have to do a little detective work on the internet to find the contact information of the debt holder. I am not sure why they haven't mailed you a bill. Some things to remember about paying collections:

1) Make sure the debt is actually yours    2) Attempt a Pay For Delete agreement (you pay them and they remove it from your reports)   3) Often times old debt outside the statute of limitations can be settled for less than face value   4) Always remember that simply paying a collection is not grounds to have it removed, paying it would only get it marked as paid and closed, but would leave the collection on your report which will continue to cause damage, so try your best to get a Pay For Delete.