Question

Hotrocker2011

Debt Validation
Hello,
I sent a Debt Validation letter about a month ago and I just received a letter back in the mail today. All of this came from the collection company NOT the original creditor. It had a letter from the collection company saying I owed them the money, a letter from the original creditor saying I owed them the money and an excel sheet from the original creditor with my name, an account number and a bunch of dates and amounts. I'm pretty sure this is not good enough. However I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone help?

Ps: The collection company is IC Systems if that helps

The original Creditor

no longer owns the debt, it was sold to the collection agency.  The original creditor no longer has anything to do with the debt so don't worry about them, they are out of the picture.  

Next step: 

Now that they have sent you copies of the paperwork they have on file, look through it all and see if there is an "Original contract" with your signature on it. Thats the key piece of paperwork. If they can not produce a contract with your signature, they may have to drop the case. If they sent a copy to you, then you on the hook and you will have to pay this debt.   If you did not recieve the contract, Write back to the credit bureau asking specificly for the Collection agency to provide a copy of a "signed contract". 

Keep up the fight and good luck