Question

manda0901

Debt to income ratio determination
Is debt to income ratio determined just by reported earnings? If so, how can the income that a person receives from, let's say VA compensation and pension, be included in this ratio? Some receive $3,000+ a month and that would make quite a difference in one's income.

Pensions would count as income, just as any other documented money that you receive. The only thing that cannot be counted is income that cannot be verified in one way or another.

income to debt ratio

I cosigned student  loans for my daughter several years ago. She is now in her 30's and managing all her debts  just fine, including the student loans. How do I get the debt off my credit as this is surely affecting my income to debt ratio?