Question

cgish

Debt settlement letter for debt not on my credit report?
I received a letter for a debt settlement for someting that is not even on my credit report? I reported it months ago to credit karma and it was removed so why is the company telling me I can settle if its already been removed? Should I pay it?

Just because a debt is removed from your reports does not mean that they still can't try to collect it. A "Cease&Desist Letter" should take care of them if the debt is outside the "Statute of Limitations" to be sued for it.

Do some reading on the following: "Credit Reporting Time Periods" "Statute Of Limitations to be sued for debt in your state" "Cease & Desist Letters" "FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act)"