Question

AshW87

Debt Relief services vs. Credit Repair
I have no credit card debt, all of my debt is either unpaid medical bills or student loans. I do not know that there are any inaccurate negative marks on my credit and I'm not sure how to evaluate that on my own, so I'm unsure what credit repair services will do for my credit. Also, most of your debt relief or debt counseling services are aimed at those with excessive credit card debt, of which I have none, so I don't know which one to look at or if they will be able to assist me with my debt troubles, however, I would really like to start clearing up and rebuilding my credit and am looking for advice on what might be the best direction to start in to achieve that goal.

Student loans must be repaid at an interest rate designa ted by the student loan industry so no 'credit solutions' company can get a lower interest for you.  You should realize that those loans also have no statute of llimita tions, which means they remain collectable until paid off.  Only by working with the loan servicer for said loans may you be able to get something like an income-contingent repayment plan.  For other debts, I suggest doing a Google search for Dave Ramsey and foillow his repayment advice. 

Be advised that many of these 'repair companies' charge fees and some of the companies are not as ethical as you might wish. Working with your current creditors and negotiating a payment arrangement yourself is the best thing you can do for your credit and your self-esteem.