Question

downwithdebtrecovery

Debt Recovery Company killing my credit, do I have any recourse?
I just received a letter from a debt recovery company claiming I owe 2100.00, I disputed and I,discovered it is not my debt but an x in-law and the debt recovery company slapped my social security number on it. They put it on my credit report Jan 2014 and NOW just notified me (Nov 2015). I disputed and am told it will be removed from my credit report but that explains why I have been unable to secure any credit. Do I have any recourse with this company?

You could contact a consumer law attorney that is knowledgable in cases like these and sue them. Find a law firm that handles FDCPA cases as they would probably be best for the job. FDCPA stands for "fair debt collection practices act". If the law firm of Kimmel & Silverman practice in your state, I personally recommend them. Make sure that you have copies of everything, especially your credit reports before it is removed.