Question

Trying2Rebuild

Debt from lawsuit repaid but original debt still active - help
In a nutshell, back in early 2008 I messed up badly with a "Care Credit" card and wound up defaulting after being unable to make the payments. The debt was sold to LVNV Funding who promptly reported to the bureaus and THEN sold the debt to an attorney-collector who sued.

I've repaid that lawsuit and have a copy of the court ordering showing that. But ... the GE Care Credit CONTINUES to "refresh" monthly on my credit report as does LVNV Funding.

Is what they are doing "credit report poisoning" by continuing to show my now paid off obligation as unpaid ? Am I stuck and will this EVER fall off, or what should I do ?

I take responsibility for my screw up but I have HAVE repaid this debt and am trying to move forward. Thanks in advance for your help.

Most Helpful Response

As long as GE & LVNV are reporting zero balance and zero due, then they have the right to report the negative account for 7 & 1/2 years from the date it went delinquent.  If they are showing unpaid, open or balances due, send dispute letters to GE, LVNV and the credit bureaus, provide proof that you paid the judgement.  Best of luck!