Question

Debcakes18

Debt being paid off?
I owe $500 to an apartment complex that I plan to pay off in August. How long will this continue to be on my credit report? When should I see an increase in my score? If the debt is paid, will that make a difference to people who look at my report? Keep in mind I make regularly monthly payments on time, if not early.

It depends on the company reporting it. Usually a negative account will remain on your credit reports for 7 years from the time that the account became delinquent, but some companies may remove it upon payment, but usually that has to be negotiated prior to payment. Keep paying it and get it paid off, because it will look better on your report under review, but for scoring, little will change. Also you want to get it paid off so you cannot be sued for it and to get it to stop updating and that will improve your scores over time. The best thing that you can do is to get it paid off and then send "goodwill deletion requests" to the company that is reporting it.