Question

phoenixfire089

De-dupe process for car loans
I'm shopping around for a car loan and I learned about the de-dupe process in which duplicate inquiries will only count as one. I'm now seeing multiple inquiries on my report.

Has anyone had experience with this? Does this process still show all the inquiries but only count them in the credit score once? Are they flagged in any way other than date, that would let you know they belong together?

As far as I know.

The duplicate inquiries pulled on the same day, that don't result in a loan "MAY" be deleted, But there is no guarantee.  

Be aware that the bracket your score is in will generally result in very simular offers from all lenders. so shopping around will not always result in a wide variety of choices..   I always suggest a local credit union, they usually offer the best rates to their members.

good luck

No De-dupe pe se

You will continue to see all of the inquiries, but for scoring purposes, they will be counted as one (for most versions of the FICO score.) If they are for the same purpose and within 30 days (some people say 45) they score as one.