Question

sayakb

DCU - multiple hard hits - should I raise a dispute?
I applied for an auto loan from Digital Federal Credit Union a few months back and have been paying it off since then (I got their lowest interest rate, which is good). However, I authorized them only for one credit hit, and they have made two hard hits.

Should I raise a dispute with them to get one of them removed? Or should I be raising a dispute with Equifax directly?

Most Helpful Response

Do Nothing

I have to speculate a little in my answer, so bear with me...

The fact that you received the best interest rate tells me that your credit (and credit scores) must be good.

One additional inquiry has very little impact on scores as high as yours likely is.  Even the little impact will go away in a matter of 2-3 months, and it would take that long to dispute it anyway.

Not only that, I have found no success in making these kinds of disputes.  Think of an inquiry as a "list" of creditors who have accessed your profile.  This list is critical to both you (for fraud purposes), and the credit reporting agencies...  they want to have a list of who they have provided access to your reports.

I hope that this helps you.

sayakb

Thanks for your response. My concern is mainly because both my credit hits have a removal date of Sep 2016. What showing up on CK is an estimated date, but I believe they will still remain on my account at least till early 2016.

Hi,

I am in a same situation here from dcu I have 2 hard enquires from DCU last year. I have basically one credit card from DCU. They all go away in 2017