Question

crazyharleycat

date chapter 7 comes off
I have asked the three credit bureaus when the chapter 7 bankruptcy comes off of my credit report and I have gotten 3 different answers. I have the papers showing the date filed was 11/26/2003. Should I send copies to each credit bureau with the request that the bankruptcy be dropped next month on the 26th? Will it be automatically dropped on that date or whenever they get around to it?

Ten years from date of filing.

The credit bureaus only report what is reported to them.  That bankruptcy should come off ten years from the date it was filed so it should be finished on 11/26/13.  The court has to send the information in and it has to be entered into their records.  So give it a month.  And, NO, do not be sending information to the credit bureaus.  That is the business of the court, and your letter will carry no weight.