Question

ctc12

Cutting back on amount of cards
I am working hard to rebuild my credit. If I get rid of my 4 store charge cards and apply for one of the cards that is offered to me through Credit Karma partners would that negatively or positively affect my credit score?

Don't do that!!

The age of credit is one of the factors in your credit score, and the total amount of available credit is another.  There is also no guarantee you will be able to get one of the offered cards.  A smart credit user never closes a credit card (those with annual fees may be the exception to that rule) and these topics are well addressed in the articles provided by Credit Karma.  I learned enough to really improve my score just by reading them and using the financial tools here.