Question

JakeFortune

Current collections missing from my CK credit reports
I recently started working with a financial institution to obtain a mortgage loan. I am just over three years from a foreclosure, so as a result I am only currently eligible for an FHA. As part of the stipulations associated with FHA: I need to show that I have no outstanding collections. They pulled my credit roughly two weeks ago.

The company asked me to review two accounts in collections and provide a status update. I signed up for Credit Karma last week. To my surprise: I was unable to find the collections information in the credit reports provided by Credit Karma; the output shows I have 0 accounts in collection. However, per the data provided to me by the financial institution: I have two outstanding accounts in collection.

What might be causing this discrepancy?

Most Helpful Response

There are three credit bureaus and Credit Karma has access to information from just two of them, which is fine for this site's purpose, which is to TEACH people how credit works and how to improve their credit score.  You'll have to check your credit reports to see which one has the collections andq, if they are not your accounts, file the proper disputes.  All of this is covered in the articles on this site, which are well worth reading.

.