Question

elemenop1275

Creditor wont accept payment on charged off account (1099c)
So i'm trying to apply for a mortgage and need to pay off this old charge off. I contacted the creditor with the intention of paying it all in full in exchange for a "paid in full" on my credit report (my mortgage company said I need to pay it off), but they refused to take the payment. They said the debt has been "forgiven" and they wont take my money. How do I get them to take my money?

I would speak to a consumer law attorney about this matter and see if there is anything that they can do to help you. You should also address this with the loan officer that you spoke with. Also consider looking around for more lenient mortgage lenders.

Sorry, but it is their choice.  The reason for the charge-off was that you were not making the agreed payments.  The 1099c was filed with the IRS and can't be taken back. You just have to live with the consequences of your failure to keep your part of the agreement.