Question

pmatta16

Creditor is calling about an account but I don't see it on my report
I just got a call from a TrustMark saying that they want to serve me with papers on a judgement for a card "I" opened in 2003. The car supposedly was in good standing until 2009 and then it wasn't. I was supposedly contacted but they have an old address for me. I checked Transition & Equifax here and I don't see this account anywhere. Is this possible? Or are they trying to scam me?

Check the "Statute of Limitations" to be sued for debt in your state, chances are the time has expired for them to win in court. I would contact a consumer law attorney. I would not offer any information to the company contacting you. If they do sue you, you still have to appear in court even if the SOL has expired, but you would win due to the SOL. It is possible for you to have outstanding debt that is not on your reports, not all companies report to the credit bureaus. Only YOU know if you had an account with them or not, but if you did, the SOL may save you here. SOL is "statute of limitations".