Question

DX500

Creditkarma is that a soft pull or a hard pull.
I knew my score from Creditkarma, so feeling confident I go to purchase a car. They pull my credit report and it was 40 point below what I knew it was from creditkarma they told me that's a soft pull we did a hard hard pull. So is this true. Still got a great deal at 4.9APR but was thinking 2.9APR. Thanks!! And is it always going to be off by that much.

Soft Inquiries, Hard Inquiries make no difference as to scores. The difference is because different scoring models for credit were used. Do some reading on the different scoring models and versions for credit and ALWAYS check to see what type of score you are being provided when you get a score from somewhere. Keep in mind that most lenders will use a version of FICO scores.