Question

px321

CreditKarma is not accurate?
CreditKarma is a fraud because my credit score is about 100 points lower than what the site shows. The site should be taken down.

Credit Karma’s Response

Hi px321,

I saw your post and wanted to address this common misconception. It's not true that you have one accurate credit score. You have dozens of credit scores because there are dozens of formulas used to calculate credit scores. They are all valid scores. Many lenders are starting to use new score models, like VantageScore, which is a model collaborated on by all three credit bureaus. In addition, most sophisticated lenders are using custom models which use more than a simple credit score for risk assessment.

We suggest tracking your score from one model over time, instead of comparing scores from different models. This will allow you to more accurately track your progress and financial health.

Disclaimer: Credit Karma provides general information about credit. This advice is not intended to advise about your personal financial situation. Consult a financial, legal or other professional adviser.

Your score is from Transunion.  You say I have no derogatory/negative remarks.  I applied for a bank card I won't use because although they granted credit, the interest is very high.  Their disclosure, from Transunion, has my credit score about 100 points lower than what you have, and three derogatory remarks.  I had applied based on what you have on this site.  Further research indicates one derogatory remark will expire in 2016, another in 2017, and the final in 2020.  This site is inaccurate at best and fraudulant at the worst.  You shoud revise the site to make it more accurate or simply take the site down, which is going to be my recommendation when I write to Transunion.  There's enough nonsense out there without a site such as this adding to it.  Credit.com is a more accurate site.