Question

twonickles

CREDITKARMA IS BEING BOUGHT BY BIG INDUSTRY!!
FRANKLY HOW DARE CREDITKARMA, I HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT LINKED DIRECTLY TO MY BANK ACCOUNT, I HAVE NEVER ASKED, APPLIED, BEGGED FOR A CREDIT CARD FROM PAYPAL. SHAM ON YOU CREDITKARMA. FOR NOT CHECKING INTO THE LEGALITY OF POSTING FRADULENT INFOFRMATION. I DEMAND THAT YOU REMOVE THIS INQUIREY IMMEDIATELY. I WILL BE CHECKING BACK IN 72 HOURS. IF YOU IGNORE THIS WARNING I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE THAN TO BEGIN LEGAL PROCEDINGS STARTING WITH MY STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL.

First of all, there's really no need to SHOUT at us. Second, this is a public forum where your fellow Credit Karma members read and post. Third, if you have a problem with Credit Karma, you need to contact Credit Karma--not post a message on a public forum where no one can possibly help you. We don't have, and shouldn't have, access to the data you're referring to; only CK does, so kindly contact them. I hope you get your issue resolved.

Credit Karma does NOT put any information on your credit reports. Secondly, what you see on Credit Karma is only seen by you. Lenders do not pull information from Credit Karma. If you have an inquiry showing on either your Transunion or Equifax report or both, then that infomation comes from either Equifax or Transunion and NOT Credit Karma. If you have an inquiry for PayPal showing on your Equifax or Transunion reports, then you need to take it up with them. You can go to the websites for the credit bureaus to learn about the dispute process. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian. Credit Karma is NOT a credit bureau and has nothing to do with what is on your reports. Do some reading on how to dispute inaccurate information on your credit reports and do just how everyone else does, dispute it with the credit bureaus. You may have inadvertantly hit the pay later button when checking out on PayPal that led to the credit inquiry, I am not sure. Lastly and most importantly, cool down and do some reading before flying off the handle. Jumping to conclusions usually leads to the wrong conclusion.

Hi twonickels, 

I understand your frustration but it is misdirected. You should contact PayPal as they have recently changed their default payment method. Credit Karma is not involved in or related to this process in any way. 

Yet another Clueless Person on Credit Reporting and how it works.

You would think after 2.5 years on CreditKarma they would have learned something.