Question

Mattcheck

Credit went down 78 points because new employer listed?
So the place I work at was added to my credit report and my score went down 78 points and 18 on equifax I've been working at same place for 8 years 3 months exactly. There is no way to dispute this that I can tell and where it says changes it says nothing but great job you lowered your balance to less then 10%.. yea great job here's a 78 point reduction bad part is I'm going to be buying a car next month so timing is just great is there anything I can do or do I just have to bend over to the largest crooks in use to be the greastest nation America?

Your employer change did not affect your credit score.  Just as address and phone numbers don't have an effect.  This is reference information only.   A 78 point reduction is more reflective of a negative item being reported.  

Mattcheck

That's what I thought but nothing has changed on my report other then that. I don't get it and it really ****es me off since I've been trying to get everything back on track.

Mattcheck

Just seen what changed and it should of helped my student loan finally shows up as open and current that changed my history to 4 years 4 months instead of just 4 months. So instead of it saying closed derogatory included chapter 13 wage earner plan it says open current and it kills my credit.

The amount of the student loan would have an impact, as you pay it down, you see minor increases monthly to offset any reduction in the score.

Mattcheck

I could see a 20 point drop maybe but really my mortgage says closed because bankruptcy even though i still pay it but thats the law so my only open accounts are cc card 50 bucks out of 1000 student loan 176 a month payment 8000 Balance and current I don't see how that kills it.