Question

BanditoPaul

Credit Utilzation High Even After Account is Closed/Charged Off
I recently had a credit card with Credit One bank that I neglected when j first received credit a year or so ago, when I check my credit report it states my utilization is at 202% for the card. The account was closed/charged off a long time ago, but on Equifax it is still reporting as open even though on Transunion it is stated as closed/charged off.. Could I dispute this with Equifax letting them know it's no longer open? Would my utilization go back down to 0%?

Whether listed as closed or open doesn't make too much of a difference since the loan was in default. This will remain on your credit report for the next six years, for a total of seven.

Read the articles here to educate yourself on credit and the importance of it.