Question

RCT43

Credit utilization question
I've opened my first credit card, actually 3 of them, 7 months ago and I have kept my utilization at around 3 to 8%. This month I had car problems and there was a special at my campus book store for 3 days so I bought them before my grants came it. The grants will be in before the bills due, but because of this my utilization for one card is around 40% while my combined credit utilization is around 30% and based off of CK's calendar the lenders will report it to the credit bureau before I can put a payment to lower the utilization. Does having a higher credit utilization for 1 months affect my credit score too much? And if one of my card has a slightly higher credit utilization than my over all utilization how does that affect my score?

Not at all.

A month or two of higher utilization can actually be to your benifit. As long you pay them down as soon as you can it shouldn't be a big deal. It shows that you are using your credit wisley. 

Good luck.