Question

Kclvme321

Credit Utilization -- How many months?
If your credit utilization ratio saw a large decrease (example: 90% one month and 20% following month), and it were to be consistently around 20% from then on, how long does it take for this to benefit your credit score? Does there need to be consistency, or is it an immediate change once its reported to the credit bureau?

It's pretty much immediate.

I consolidated my credit cards and kept the old ones (which had low limit and high interest and were up to 85% utilization).  The new card has a higher credit limit which helped drop the utilization drastically.  The result showed on my credit score within a month.  Over the months since then, I have charged a large purchase which dropped my score a little bit, where it has stayed for months, but not bad. 

Working to keep utilization consistenly in the low range is a good goal to set and keep.