Question

Cryssi92

Credit utilization, can i max out and pay it back with out showing negatively?
I recently got a secured card which I use for gas, my question is if I use the total $300 In the month and pay it in full on the billing date will it drop my credit because I maxed it out?

It will drop if you max out your cards like that. You credit card company reports your credit utilization to the bureaus the day they issue the statement. You will need to pay it down before they send out the statement. By the time you pay online or write the check, it'll be too late. 

To maximize your credit score, you should pay off 85-90% of your statement before the statement cut off date. (day before your new charges start showing up on your next statement which is different than your statement due date) Then make another payment paying off the rest of the balance before the statement due date. Stay on top of your balance and if it gets too high, pay it off before the statement cut day.