Question

DumpsterBreath

Credit union stopped allowing me to pay cc online w/ out notice legal?
I have an old cc that has since been closed with my credit union. Since I have a car loan with them they are forcing me to continue paying for the cc which they've closed. I've been paying both w/ their online portal but recently they removed all info on the cc and my auto pays stopped going toward the cc. Since the cc was no longer being auto paid without my knowledge, they then started taking funds from the account that was issued toward the car loan and reporting both my car loan and cc as delinquent. Is this legal? I've talked to the credit union and they've refused to allow me to pay online and only allow me to pay at a branch or over phone with $9.00 service fee which. I travel often for business and live almost an hour from their nearest branch.

I'm assuming the credit card has a balance and missed payments was the reason it was closed.    When that happened, they had the ability to request full and immediate payment of all money that you owed them, which included the pay in full of the auto loan as well.   As they stopped the auto pay and reporting it as delinquet,it sounds as if you had a pay in full request from them.   They would not be required to keep an online account open for a closed account.  If they charge everyone for over the phone payments, that part would be legal.   You should now start sending them checks to cover your payments and they can process them manually.  

DumpsterBreath

While having the online auto pay set up, I was making payments as scheduled without missing any payments. They never contacted me to pay in full the cc was removed from my online schedule without notice. I was unaware of this and didn't know my cc payment wasn't being processed because it was no longer associated to my online account. This then forced me to be delinquent and they started taking funds from the account for the auto loan for the cc payment. They are now reporting me delinquent to both the car and cc and charging me fees and interest for both.

Just to be clear, neither account was delinquent and I was auto paying both monthly at the time they removed my cc.