Question

Karmaholic

Credit Simulator - why does it lower my score when paying off all credit cards with a fresh HELOC?
The Credit Karma Credit Score Simulator estimates that my credit score will be lowered after paying off about $30K with a brand-new Home Equity Line of Credit (currently with $0 balance).

Any ideas on why that is? Credit card financial institutions perhaps want to encourage some small level of credit card debt - conspiracy going on here? ;)

Same problem

The only difference I am not using a HELOC to pay off credit cards and my score sttill falls 6 points. The simulator seems to go the opposite direction of what's expected no matter what I change.