Question

creditchatter

CREDIT SCORES VARIANCE BETWEEN SPOUSES
My scores are much lower than husband's even though my numbers are at the i I compared credit reports and score between myself and husband, looking at detail in each category. The reported information is almost identical. My scoring for each category is at same level or slightly better than his and two categories are at a higher level than his. Yet his score is 34 and 36 points higher than mine. What gives?

There could be many factors

That you didn't mention. 

Currently I have a score of about 752, My spouse is at 801.  I have 15 credit cards and a loan on my report. He has 4 credit cards and nothing else on the report.  Only 2 cards are joint accounts. My current balances on all accounts is about $8K of 85K or 11% of available credit. his is at about $2K of  $35K avaiable credit or about .06%

The biggest difference in comparing our 2 reports is the age of his accounts.  His oldest account is 30 years old. Mine is 16 years.  The algoritiums that Credit scores are based on use averages to give you a score.  The fact that his oldest account has over 360 ontime payments and my oldest account has about 192 ontime payments is what boosts his score so much,  Other smaller factors include the number of inquiries, Mine is 4 his is at 1.

So of the many factors that are used to score credit a couple of slight differences can make big differences in scores.  

Now this may not be exactly what is bring your scores down. But the fact that your scrores are actually a little closer tells me that there may not be as big of a variable as i esee in our credit reports/scores.  

Hope that helps