Question

Kimbo1967

Credit scores lowered
After paying off all of my credit cards last year, I have utilized approximately 30% of my total available credit. I have also opened a few accounts and had some limits increased. I did get one denial for a Citi card-which I'm sure was a hard hit.
Does it make sense that my scores have plummeted approx. 50 points? I had finally gotten them up in the 700 range, and now they are mid 600's. Is 30% utilization what is killing me? I read 20-30% is key-so I don't get it!

Most Helpful Response

Bring your utl down to 1-9%.... you should see your score go back up.  30% what you never want to go over.  Over 30% you would see your score go down and start get denied or lower starting limits for credit cards.