Question

Luckyones5

Credit scoreIf you put your monthly expenditures on credit card, how does it affect my credit score?
I want to build my credit score by putting my bills with the exception of my mortgage onto my credit card and then pay it off each month. How will this effect my debt to income ratio?

It has nothing to do with your debt to income ratio as that is already set by the credit limits on your current lines of credit. For scoring purposes, it does NOT matter if you run $10 through a card each month or $1000 dollars each month. The only advantage to running more money through a card each month is that it can help make you eligible for a credit line increase with the lender that issues the card that you use. Your plan is ok to do, but it will not improve your scores any more than just running a few dollars through the card each month. Your plan could hurt you if you are carrying a high utilization rate when the card reports to the bureaus. Ideally you want one card to report about 10% of it's credit limit each month, you want something to report so you are showing revolving activity but not too much that you get dinged for too high of utilization. I recommend that you spend 10 hours of reading on how to use a credit card to maximize credit scores. There is a lot of information all over the internet on this. 10 hours of reading is better than 10 years of hardship because you are going the wrong way about something.