Question

royalcanoer

Credit score without ever having a credit card or taken out a loan?
I've been 18 for about 6 months, attending college, but I've been holding off on actually getting a credit card because I'm still pretty nervous about it. I also haven't had to take out any loans for college so far. As of right now, do I even have a credit score to look up? If so, how would I go about finding what it is?

You have to have and use credit to get a credit score. I recommend taking the time to read the articles here to learn hows credit works, then you will be in a good position to acquire and wisely use credit.

If you haven't used credit you won't have scores and reports. Do some studying on credit as it is important and will help you the rest of your life. When you are ready to start building credit you will need to start with a Secured credit card. I suggest starting sooner than later as it takes time. Now to address Student Loans, you must be extremely careful with this. So many people rack up all kinds of student debt and put themselves so far in the hole they have financial trouble for decades. If the student loan is Federal, you are always on the hook for it, it doesn't go away like other unpaid debt, can't get rid of it with bankruptcy, etc. You are owned by the government more than you are now. Make sure you are going to school for something that you can actually use and actually get a decent paying job for, don't end up another victim of the education system.