Question

Motormouth9124

Credit score went down credit limit went up
One of my credit card limits was recently increased, but my credit score went down 18 points. I haven't been late on a payment for any of my cards, and continue to make small purchases here and there. Was wondering what the cause of a score drop could be. I also somewhat recently paid off a large debt, that I thought would've increased my score.

Paying off the large debt is what caused your score to go down.  Increase in credit limit causes your score to increase.  To learn more about credit scores, visit www.myfico.com or www.credit.about.com.