Question

VeryAmerican

Credit score went down after I made an early payment?
I paid 500 dollars towards my student loan before the grace period ended, my minimum payment was 53 dollars and my score dropped 13 points after it was reported? I don't quite understand. Can I contact the us. department of edu. to get that taken care of or resolved?

It had to have been from something else. Paying a loan down does not decrease scores. Follow your FICO scores in addition to any other scores that you follow.

VeryAmerican

The only other thing I could possibly think it was was that I applied for a student credit card sometime in march, I believe, and was not approved for it-- but that hit my transunion immediatly following-- could it be that backdated?