Question

boa1985

credit score went down 76 points after i dispute a collection
disputed two accounts that was on my credit report. then the next day equifax score went down 76 points ?? and the dispute was taken care of on transunion and sill being disputed on equifax.. how is this possible.. please help iv worked hard to get my credit score up

Hey

hey, same thing happened to me . TU took care of my dispute and removed the Old Verizon paid off account from my collections AND negative remars within 3 days. I disputed the same Verizon acount in my negative remarks with EQ and EQ score alone dropped 77 points. granted the TU didnt move and neither did the FICO. so this morning i recived the results of the dispute investigation from EQ stating they checked it and the " account is mine" therefore they did nothing but make me lose77 points on EQ only. I called Verizon and confirmed i dont owe them any money and the Rep suggested to leave alone anything thats in remarks because it doesnt affect your score per say untill you dispute it and then when the score refreshes week later the account looks new therefore the dispute has neg effect on your EQ score only. also VERIZOn doesnt  participate in "pay to delete" where u pay off your account and they remove it from your cretid report, even though TU dispute removed it. when it comes down to credit i have learned one thing FICO is the only number you need to keep an eye on. my TU score ciurrently is 745 but my fico only 675. I am still ****ed about volunterely giving up my 77 points for a vull**** investigation. my only hoipe is once the CK score refreshes next week the points come back but i dream lol. hope this helps

The act of disputing does not cause a score drop, so I am not sure what is going on there. I would suggest that you keep an eye on your FICO scores. Keep in mind that if you dispute an old negative account and it updates rather than being removed that will cause a score drop because the negative account will look fresh to the scoring system when it updates.