Question

egypteagle

credit score went down 55points, 12points, 30points..why?
when checking my credit score today it says it went down 55 points, recently before that it went down 3 points, then before that down 12, then before that it went down around 35 points ... i pay all of my bills and credit cards on time. why is this happening?
on my CK report card it says ;
A: CC Utilization, A: Payment History, F: Age of Credit History, C: Credit Inquiries, A: Derogatory Marks
...so I am really unable to find out or figure out why my credit score continues to keep going down when I am doing everything I should be... my score last year was high, now it is poor and it does not make sense to me.
help! thank you!

Most Helpful Response

Check your credit accounts on your credit report. That F is in Payment history, which means you have delinquent payments somewhere.

The F is in age of credit history. Since you probably have little to no credit history, that will only go up. 

Your credit inquiries is what is most likely causing your score to go down, as you apply for more credit cards, your score will go down temporarily. A hard inquiry will ding your score. Avoid applying for cards on say a monthly basis, especially if you are just about to get a loan for a car or a house.

Also check your credit report card and check your the utilization graph. Your credit utilization may be going up and down during this time and a high utilization will ding your credit score as well.