Question

celticjeff2

Credit score went down 21 points?
I just recently opened a secured credit card with a low limit thinking it would help improve my credit score. My credit score has gone down 21 points instead.I have paid on time since I have had it.Why has my score gone down?

Most Helpful Response

Your score won't improve overnight. There are multiple factors going into your low score. Without knowing your credit history, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what made it drop.

The secured card will help. Use it often, pay it off each month. Once you build a history of 6 months to a year of making payments on that card, you will see your credit improve. It will be slow, but it will happen.

lilkimmi2

Actually, it's possible the inquiry on your report for the secured card made it drop like that. Don't fret. It will eventually go back up.

Thank you for your help!