Question

bwt2222

Credit Score Uncontrollable's
I have made strides to increase my credit score and have succeeded somewhat but my question is what are we to do about past negatives that continue to show up on credit report even 10 years later and are affecting credit score evaluation for increase in credit rating? I thought there was some sort of Statute of limitations on how long they could still hold your past against you. Any comment or advice on this issue would be appreciated...

If there was a bankruptcy in the past, it is going to show up for ten years after the bankruptcy was filed, and that is counted from the date it was filed, not the beginning of the year.  Some judgements can be renewed indefinitely until they are 'satisfied' (paid in full). Now, if some other account (Loan, credit card) is showing up, you need to find out what the Statute of Limitations for Collections is in your state.  In Oregon (where I llive) it's 6 years but some states have a longer time, some shorter.  If the SOL is longer, then the account should be paid.  If shorter and it'sd still on your report, file a dispute citing expiration of SOL. Generally old accounts disappear 7 years after last payment.