Question

spamuback

Credit Score Simulator - Can it be fixed to show more accurate results?
I followed the advice of the simulator - or at least the suggested impact it would have on me score with Ck, and with credit utilization it showed that my score would raise by 10 points if i paid off all revolving charge accounts - so i did - and months later I still don't see the improvement while maintaining a low balance. It suggest that if I took out a loan - the installment account would increase my score - so I took out an auto loan - but even though it shows on TU - it's nowhere to be found on CK. Then I used the simulator to calculate results of an auto loan again after paying off the credit cards and it shows that my score will be REDUCED to when I had high balance on credit card accounts? I then played around with the loan amounts and for a very small loan of 3k the score reduces, but it increased debt to 9k loan it stays the same. Has anyone else had this experience?

Most Helpful Response

There is no way to trust the simulators. It is wishful thinking but in the end sites like Creditkarma and creditsesame are third party businesses that simply report what the credit bureaus report. Unless the actual credit bureau comes up with a simulator based on what their profile, I would not trust any simulator to be accurate. However the simulators are good in the sense they show you the various categories that can help or hurt your credit and it will show you the potential impact each can have on credit scores generally. So they are good to get an understanding, but untrustworthy for an accurate account of your credit score specifically.

spamuback

Thanks for the reply - i thought that Credit Karma was actually owned by Transunion and the site funded by making commissions from the card companies when somone applies for a card or loan they reccomend - but that the information was still pulled from transunion and would be accurate unltill I compared.