Question

SNG204

Credit Score reported by financial institutions
I have been led to believe that the Credit Score that you say I have and the credit score that a bank or lending insitiution says I have or two entirely different things. The credit score that a bank or lending institution sees is much lower, and therefore they see you as a much higher credit risk. Is this the case....who are you to believe?? If you say my score is mid 700's, and the bank says my score is mid 600's.....how will I know that???? It would be extremely humiliating for me if I went to talk to a bank and they told me that.
Who can you trust??? Who is correct?? Why is there a difference???

Don't rely on Credit Scores on CK

or any website. 

The reality is that the scores lenders see and what you see on-line are NOT going to be the same.  At any given point in time you will have many different scores depending on what algiritum they use.  Not all lenders use scores from the 3 CRA's or FICO. Some have their own way of callculating your score. 

My CK score is in the 670's While my Transunion Score is in the 750's  and CK is supposed to be using the Transunion info. My Eqifax is at 740 and has been for months, it does not change as frequently as the others.  

The closest score on this website to my actual scores is the Vantage score.  Thats what I go by. 

If your unsure of your score, and are planning on appling for credit, Check all 3 of your credit reports and see where they have you at that time.  

CK is only a tool to monitor your credit and to learn how credit works.  Don't base your credit choices on a single source. 

Good Luck