Question

TexasSweetness

Credit score lowered instead of raised
I decreased my credit utilization which they want you to do, so they say, from 92 to an 88 percent and my cc score lowered 15 to 20 pts instead of raise? SMH. Someone cannot read or know what the heck they are doing.

Even though I don't know your credit profiles, but I can say with relative certainties that dropping in your scores isnt caused by lowering the utilizations.

-

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc" ... That fallecy often applies to credit scores, the scores changed after X, it doesn't mean the changes was caused by X.

The drop wasn't from decreasing utilization, it had to been from something else. Get that utilization below 30% as soon as you can to see some good improvements. Also, check your FICO scores from time to time, I worry more about them since they are used by most lenders.